Monday, May 4, 2009

Ahh Spring! After a long cold, and hard winter

Well, it's been about 6 months since my last post, and lots of things has happened since. First off, the biggy!

I got a great job! But unfortunately, for several months, their was lots of work for me to do, and thus, I had very little free time. I work for some great folks at a small company, and make really good pay, doing something that I love to do, so life is good!

Now for some bad....

Got really sick back over thanksgiving, spent 10 days in the hospital, and several weeks recovering from a skin infection, that turned into blood poisoning. It was a viciously painful experience, I may elaborate on it at a future post.

The sudden onset of my illness, right before Christmas, really put my wife and I, into the worst financial bind we had ever been in. Life, is amazing, one week, you can be on top of the world, planning some great vacations, great Christmas for the kids, and some car shopping,

and BAM, in a matter of hours, go from 100% health, to unconscious in a hospital room...

Two weeks later, your in the hospital unsure of what your name is, wife by your side, washing machine at the house broken, TV in the living room stopped working, ETC ETC...and looking at WEEKS off work, Car Payments due and to top it all off, Christmas is mere days away...... Ah, Joy to the world....

But, once I got back to work, things gradually got better, but it took until March to fully recover financially from the damage done in December and November.

But, tight times are here again, the job I have is dependent on Volvo, building trucks in Dublin Virginia, they have slowed down, and thusly, my job has slowed down, dramatically.

But I am still working, which is better than many.

At least it is spring now, and my daughter's softball team has started up, so here we go again!

3 comments:

vfc.guy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
vfc.guy said...

Where can I find your pictures of Bumbarger Mine?

Andy J said...

Email me at " andyj74 "AT" embarqmail {DOT}com

Do you use yahoo messenger?? My yahoo id is Andyj24330

I am online now..